Prep Time: 20 Min.
Cook Time: 1 Hr. 15 Min.
What you need:
* 6 oz. (3/4 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened * 2 tsp. dried rosemary leaves, divided * 1 tsp. pepper, divided * 1 whole roasting chicken (3 1/2 lb.) * 6 Tbsp. KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing, divided * 2 lb. red potatoes (about 5), cut into 1-in. pieces * 6 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled * 2 green onions, sliced
What to do:
1. HEAT oven to 375°F. Mix cream cheese, 1 tsp. rosemary and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Starting at neck of chicken, use handle of wooden spoon or fingers to carefully separate skin from meat of the breast, thighs and legs of chicken, being careful to not tear the skin. Spoon cream cheese mixture under skin; use fingers to push and spread some of the mixture out to thighs and legs. Place chicken in shallow baking pan. Brush with 2 Tbsp. dressing. 2. TOSS potatoes with remaining dressing, rosemary and pepper in separate pan. Bake chicken and potatoes 1-1/4 hrs. or until chicken is done (165ºF), stirring potatoes every 30 min. 3. TRANSFER chicken to large serving dish, reserving juices in pan. Let chicken stand 10 min. Meanwhile, add bacon and onions to potatoes; mix lightly. Spoon around chicken in dish. Skim fat from reserved chicken juices in pan; discard. Spoon juices over chicken and potatoes.
* Serving Suggestion: Serve with a crisp, mixed green salad tossed with your favorite KRAFT Dressing to round out the meal.
* Notes: Don't be alarmed if you tear the skin a bit - the chicken will still be deliciously moist.
* Baking the chicken and potatoes in separate pans makes it easy to reserve the flavorful juices of the chicken in one pan while the potatoes are baked to crisp and golden brown-perfection in the other pan.