My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Slow Cooker Farmer's Market IdahoŽ Potato Stew
Courtesy of Idaho Potato Commission
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 4 Hr.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 2 c. chopped onions
+ 2 c. chopped red bell peppers
+ 4 lb. IdahoŽ potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-in. cubes
+ 1 c. chopped zucchini
+ 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
+ 1 c. water
+ 1/4 c. fat free milk
+ 2 tsp. cornstarch
+ 7-oz. pkg. reduced fat shredded Mexican-style four cheese blend (about 1-3/4 c. total)
+ 1/4 c. butter
+ 2 tsp. salt or to taste
+ 1/2 tsp. black pepper
What to do:
1. Coat a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Add potatoes, zucchini and thyme.
2. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, place over medium high heat until hot. Add the onions, coat with cooking spray; cook 4 min. or until translucent, stirring frequently. Add the bell peppers to the onions in the skillet, coat with cooking spray, cook 4 min. or until onions are brown on edges, stirring frequently.
3. Pour the water into the skillet and stir until well blended and beginning to boil. Pour onion mixture evenly over the potatoes. Do not stir. Cover and cook on high setting 3-1/2 hr. or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
4. Combine the milk and cornstarch in a small bowl; stir until cornstarch is completely dissolved. Gently stir into the potato mixture with 1 c. of the cheese, the butter, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on high setting 10 min. to thicken slightly.
5. Spoon the potato mixture into a large pasta bowl or 13-in.X9-in. casserole dish. Sprinkle with the remaining 3/4 c. cheese.
* Nutritional information is for a 3/4 c. serving.
* Recipe courtesy of Idaho Potato Commission.
Calories: 160; Total Fat: 5g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 15mg; Total Carbs: 22g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 8g; Sodium: 470mg;