My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Easy Cheesy Pork Chop and Rice Casserole
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Prep Time: 20 Min.
Cook Time: 40 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 4 New York (top loin) pork chops, 3/4-in. thick
+ 2 c. cooked long-grain white rice
+ 2 c. frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
+ 1 c. Cheddar cheese, shredded
+ 1 c. ricotta cheese, or cottage cheese
+ salt and pepper
+ 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
+ 1 Tbsp. olive oil, plus more for casserole dish
+ 1 Tbsp. Italian parsley (optional)
What to do:
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Oil a 2-quart casserole dish and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the rice, vegetables, cheddar, ricotta or cottage cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish, sprinkle the Parmesan on top, and set aside.
2. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm the oil. Add the chops and cook until browned on one side, 3-4 min.
3. Arrange the chops, browned side up, on top of the rice mixture and bake until the rice mixture is hot and the chops are cooked to 145°F, about 30 min. Let stand at room temperature for 3 min.
4. Serve the chops over the rice mixture, sprinkled with the parsley, if using.
* Serving suggestions: To change things up, make the casserole with brown rice or a white- or brown- and wild rice blend. You can also keep things interesting by using different frozen vegetable mixtures or your own mixture of blanched or steamed vegetables or by using different cheeses. Bone-in pork chops can be used as well. On the side, consider a big green salad or sautéed spinach, kale, or chard.
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit:
Calories: 850; Total Fat: 29g; Saturated Fat: 14g; Cholesterol: 190mg; Total Carbs: 81g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 63g; Sodium: 420mg;