My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Crown Roast of Pork (Stuffed)
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Serve With:Servings: 12
Buttered Green Beans Almandine
Warm Dinner Rolls
Prep Time: 20 Min.
Cook Time: 2 Hrs. 30 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 8-9 lb. crown roast of pork
+ salt and ground black pepper, to taste
+ 1 lb. ground pork, cooked and crumbled
+ 5 c. dry bread cubes
+ 1 (14 1/2-oz). can chicken broth
+ 1/2 c. chopped onion
+ 1/2 c. chopped celery
+ 1 c. walnut halves, toasted
+ 1 tsp. salt
+ 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
+ 1/4 tsp. allspice
+ 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
+ 2 c. sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
+ 1/2 c. sugar
What to do:
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Generously season pork with salt and pepper; place in shallow roasting pan; roast for about 2-1/2 hrs., (about 20 min. per lb.) until internal temperature, on a meat thermometer, is 145°F.
2. Remove roast from oven. Let stand 10 min. before slicing to serve with stuffing.
3. Meanwhile, in large bowl thoroughly combine ground pork, bread cubes, broth, onion, celery, walnuts and seasonings; mix well.
4. In medium saucepan, combine rhubarb and sugar; bring to a boil. Pour over stuffing mixture; mix lightly. Spoon into buttered 2-quart casserole. Cover, bake at 350° F for 1-1/2 hrs.
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit: www.PorkBeInspired.com
Pinot Noir, Shiraz/Syrah, Merlot
Calories: 590; Total Fat: 22g; Saturated Fat: 7g; Cholesterol: 145mg; Total Carbs: 33g; Protein: 60g; Sodium: 670mg;